I have mentioned a few times that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Our weekend breakfasts are feasts in themselves. On my breakfast table smoked salmon is not allowed to be missed. My husband is obsessed with smoked salmon, and I am obsessed with making dishes which are popular so we work well together.
This recipe is ready in 10 minutes. It looks impressive and has an interesting bite to it due to the combination of different textures. I would just serve it on a plate for brunch, or it is also a nice idea for a cold buffet table, and something you can prepare in advance.
- 1 small Gem Lettuce
- 12 Slices of Smoked Salmon
- 150 g creamed horseradish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- a little dill
- 2 table spoons lemon juice
- Wash the lettuce and separate the leafs
- on a plate lay out the smoked salmon slices. If they are very thin I would use 2 at once.
- Season with pepper and dill to taste
- On the lower quarter of the slice place a little gem leaf.
- Spread a little horseradish on the rest of the slice of salmon and gently roll together.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over it before serving.
- Serve with the remaining horseradish and lemon juice mixed together