I love nuts! Or you can say I am completely Nuts about Nuts! Unfortunately I am allergic to them. Not in the movie-kind where its a life-death situation but it does cause my throat to swell and my face turn red. Luckily it is uncomfortable enough for me to stay away from it for most of the time…
Fortunately I can eat them if they have been boiled, roasted or baked! Because I could not walk into the kitchen smelling of roasted Hazelnut and not try it! Allergy or not.
This cake is so quick and fast to prepare. I often make it on a Friday evening for our weekend coffee and cake or as an easy transportable treat to bring round to my friends.
- 250 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g self rising flour
- 250 g ground hazelnuts
- 125 ml milk
- 1 pack chocolate cake icing
- In a cake mixer (or use your handmixer) mix the butter, salt, sugar and eggs to a nice thick creamy consistency
- Add the flour and milk and at the end the hazelnuts
- Place into a greased rectangle cake form (or I used a deep baking tray)
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 45-60 minutes. I would poke the cake after 45 minutes with a cocktail stick or fork to check if it's done to the desired consistency.
- Let the cake cool down. In the meantime heat the chocolate glaze and then spread evenly on the cooled cake.