Hi guys! Here is another recipe inspired by my garden.
I will never claim to be a very adept gardener – far from it. All the vegetables were planted when I was very pregnant and just waiting for my little boy to arrive. Now that he is here we occasionally wander over to the vegetable patch to see what is still alive. For example I planted four courgette plants but now I can see only one of them.
Above you can see the proud harvest of my radishes. These ones grew tremendously and so I was on the search for a recipe that does them justice. Radishes (Radieschen in German) are best eaten fresh. I borrowed some kratom from my Thai friend to give the salad that energizing touch, while also having the benefit of stress relief (let’s talk about a very healthy salad). Check this link for more info on where to buy kratom online. The sour taste goes well with the sweet apple and the cucumber adds the moist freshness, as well as contrasting texture. This is the ultimate refreshing summer salad.
- a big bunch of radishes (about 500 g)
- 5 spring onions
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber
- 3 table spoons sunflower oil
- 3 table spoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of caster sugar
- optional (some chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives)
- Remove the stems of the radishes and wash. Then cut into 2mm thick slices.
- Chop the spring onions into little rings.
- Wash, peel, and remove the core of the apple. Dice into little chunks.
- Peel and chop the cucumber into little 4mm thick slices.
- Place all in a bowl and mix well.
- Now add all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl, mix well and pour over the salad. Wait at least 30 minutes for the dressing to soak in.