Nothing beats waking up on a Saturday morning and knowing that you nothing else to worry about apart from what you have for breakfast. And if this worry has been taken out of you hands because your husband decided to surprise you while you were still sleeping – the set up for a great day is complete.
This breakfast classic is so simple but was so delicious at the same time, that I had to share it with you – because it really made my day.
- 5 eggs
- 2 large slices of smoked salmon
- 3 table spoons milk
- 1 table spoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of chives chopped into small rolls
- 2 bread rolls (fresh or bought the day before)
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and then add the eggs. Keep on stirring until the egg starts to set a little.
- Divide the smoked salmon in rough pieces and add them to the eggs.
- To ensure that the eggs end up nice and fluffy and the smoked salmon does not get overcooked make sure that you take the eggs of the heat in time.
- If you bought fresh bread rolls that day I would half them, and spread the salmon scrambled eggs on top. Sprinkle with a lot of chives.
- If you bought the bread rolls the day before, place them under the grill or in the toaster for a few seconds before serving with the scrambled eggs and salmon.