No-Fuss Salmon recipes; this is what I am looking for on a day to day basis. I have posted a few salmon recipes here, whether with a Pomegranate Molasses glaze in a Lemon and Spinach Risotto, on a waffle or simply with scrambled eggs. I can always eat salmon. Today it’s a Lemon, Lime and Sumac Spiced variation.
The truth is I always have some salmon steak in the freezer – ready for when I am in desperate need or some non-fuss, quick dinner. Of course the great thing about salmon is that you can cook in from frozen.
This is a very exciting recipe. Dead-simple with a citrus-Lebanese twist to it. We had it as a light dinner with some Fattoush Salad (Lebanese Bread Salad). It was delicious. Ideally you leave the orange and lime flavours to be soaked up by the salmon over night, but you can just prepare it on the day if you want to.
- 6 skinless salmon fillets about 100 g each
- 2 tsp sumac
- zest of two limes
- zest of one orange
- 1 table spoon ground cumin
- 3-6 table spoon olive oil
- lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Line a baking sheet with nonstick baking paper
- Combine the zests, olive oil and spices and mix well to marinade the salmon.
- Coat the salmon in the marinade and ideally cover in clingfilm and leave overnight.
- Season well with salt and pepper and back for about 10-20 minutes.
- Serve with fattoush salad