Dave cooked for me and look what he came up with! He made us a lemon risotto with grilled salmon and spinach. I have to remember to let him into my kitchen more often. ..
It’s a lovely fresh tasting dish; with the lemon balancing out the risotto rice nicely. It is hard to explain but the lemon allows the risotto to melt on your mouth.
2 fillets of salmon
1 large lemon
1 clove of crushed garlic
120 ml white whine
400 gr frozen spinach
500 ml vegetable stock
1 tsp thyme (fresh if possible)
300 gr of parmesan
2 cups of Risotto Rice
1. Place a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add a large drizzle of olive oil.
2. Chop three quarters of the salmon and place to one side.
3. Finely chop the onion and add to the saucepan. Gently fry for a few minutes.
4. Crush in the clove of garlic and stir well. Once the garlic just starts to colour add the white wine (if using) and simmer for two minutes.
5. Add the rice to the saucepan and stir well for one minute to allow the rice to absorb the flavors.
6. Add around a quarter of the vegetable stock and set your timer to 20 minutes. You will need to stir the risotto continuously during this time.
7. Once the stock has been absorbed by the rice pour in a little more along with the spinach As soon as the rice starts to look dry add some more stock. Keep adding the stock slowly over the next 20 minutes.
8. After the timer has sounded, (or until the done is crisp enough for you) turn off the heat and stir in the salmon, and lemon zest and the juice of the lemon . Add a little black pepper and thyme then taste the risotto. Add lots of cheese