Everyone needs a cheat recipe. With “cheat recipe” I mean a recipe that looks impressive, is healthy but does not require much work at all. At the moment my cheat recipe is this Pea and Pepper Frittata that has been serving as my healthy low carb – high protein pack lunch.
I am posting this recipe on the insistence of my new work colleagues Katie and Scott. I just changed jobs a few month ago and my new colleagues noticed quickly that I cannot stop obsessing about food, and this includes my lunch.
Like many of us I struggle often with inspiration for lunch. I try to stay away from sandwiches (which my husband the carb-fanatic runner loves) but do not really have the energy to cook dinner for both of us after work and a second meal for my lunch.
I recently came across this recipe. It’s so easy and consists mainly of frozen vegetables, which I would normally have as staple in my freezer. Add all ingredient a bowl, and add in the oven for 30 minutes. Sounds easy? It is! – And per serving only 175 kcal!
- 200 g frozen garden peas
- 400 g mixed peppers (yellow, red) thinly sliced or you can use some frozen peppers
- 2 tsp dill
- 6 medium eggs
- 100 ml milk
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl add the eggs, dill and milk and mix to a smooth mass.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (alternatively grease the try with a little butter or margarine)
- Bake in the oven at about 175 degrees Celsius.
- Serve with green salad.